Easy steps for DIY Bidet
A year since the pandemic, a lot of things have changed. From our school and work set-up, health protocols, up to our hygiene. Things were never the same anymore.
With what happened, we prioritize our health more than anything. We’ve become clean-freak - sanitizing now and then. So we need an efficient partner when it comes to cleanliness.
While the world is panicking about tissue paper shortage, you can now feel at ease with your cleanliness. Let me introduce to you, a reliable toilet fixture, bidet!
Are you familiar with it?
A bidet is a plumbing fixture used to wash private parts for hygiene purposes. Bidets are the best bathroom investment you’ll have. Having it will save you a lot of time buying tissue papers which is one of the most common causes of clogged toilets. It will also lessen the health risk of cleaning your private areas. Seniors and people with special needs will certainly accommodate them with their toilet needs. Potty training would be hassle-free also.
Introducing the best toilet partner, Como bidet, a budget-friendly non-electronic DIY bidet.
The bidet installation was made as easy as 1, 2, 3. No need to call a professional plumber to do the work. Just ready your tools and you’re good to go.
- Screwdriver - to remove the toilet seat
- Wrench - to loosen up the nuts and bolts
- Towel and bucket - for any water leakage.
HOW TO START?
Before the installation, do these 3 things first:
First, make sure to clean your toilet bowl to ensure a hassle-free installation of your Como bidet. Remove your existing toilet seat cover.
- Turn off the water supply by turning the water supply valve. In doing this, water leakage during installation will be avoided. If your water source is from the toilet tank, flush the toilet to drain the water in the tank.
- Carefully disconnect the water supply line from the water supply valve. Prepare a bucket or towel for any water leakage that may occur.
HOW TO INSTALL?
Here are the easy steps on how to install Como bidet:
- Add the T-adaptor between the water supply valve and the water supply line. Place the small rubber washer in the T-adaptor to prevent leakage. Use a wrench to tighten the nuts. You may opt to apply Teflon tape on the pipe’s male threads to get a water-tight seal on the threaded pipe joints.
- Place the large rubber washers on each mounting hole under the bidet to secure your toilet seat and prevent it from shifting sideways.
- Place Como bidet on top of your toilet bowl. Align the holes of your Como bidet with the holes on your toilet bowl. Insert the two adjustable mounting brackets inside each hole before reattaching your toilet seat cover.
- Make sure that both your Como bidet and toilet seat are in their proper places before you screw the nuts underneath your toilet. Place the large rubber washers on each mounting hole under the bidet to secure your toilet seat.
- Connect the metal bidet hose. Secure it using Teflon tape.
- Once you’re done, slowly turn on your water supply valve. Make sure to check for leaks before completely opening your water source.
- You can now enjoy your newly installed Como bidet for hassle-free cleaning!
HOW TO OPERATE?
Como bidet uses water pressure to clean your private parts. To use it, turn the knob on your side and the water will flow from the front and rear nozzle.
The Front washing feature has 9 holes. To turn on, turn the knob counterclockwise towards the “front” wash zone. Then turn the knob further for higher pressure and adjust as needed.
For the Rear washing feature, just turn the knob clockwise towards the “rear” wash zone and turn the knob to make the water pressure higher or adjust if needed.
It also has a self-cleaning mechanism or also known as the Nozzle cleaning. To activate this, turn the knob towards the “Nozzle Cleaning” position and the water will wash over the Nozzles. The best feature for the next user!
Como Bidet, the latest Japanese nonelectric bidet attachment that is compatible with 95% of toilets, is now available here in the Philippines. This D.I.Y bidet has a manual that can be easily understood. The simple installation using a few tools will save you from plumbing professional’s fees. Everything that you needed is already included in the box.
It also has US-grade materials and hose made from metal that certainly will last long. A great toilet investment in the long run.
With Como Bidet, everyone can enjoy the convenience, comfort, and health benefits of hassle-free cleansing at its affordable price.
Written by Crisyll Torres
Photos from Ay Grabe Yun vlog